- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Reduce the Stress of the College Application Process
The college application process can be overwhelming and intimidating both for parents and students. There are a myriad of decisions, conflicting information, and as a result the stress level tends to be high. Come join us for this informative lecture on "College Planning Road Map" if you have a child in high school. We have scheduled this talk before the start of most high schools so that students can also attend. Participants will walk away with a clear understanding of the college application process including:
- Review of a step-by-step "roadmap" including how to plan for academics, testing, extra-curricular activities, college selection, financial planning, and more
- Insights on how to manage the stress of the process
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the students, parents, and support resources
Please come prepared to take notes. Photos or recording of the workshop is prohibited, and there will be no handouts.
About the Speaker: Syrous Parsay is a retired inventor and entrepreneur. He frequently lectures on topics of disruptive technologies, entrepreneurship, science and dimensions of wellness, financial planning, college planning, and more. Mr. Parsay is also a mentor to a broad demographic of individuals from students to corporate executives.
Parking: Visitor and A permit parking are available at the P1 Structure (located at the corner of Campus Drive West and Roth). Visitor and A and C permit parking are available at P2 on the corner of Via Ortega and Panama. The closest Marguerite stop is on Serra Street and is served by line C and SLAC.
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Clark Center Auditorium Map
Admission is free. Please RSVP to attend.
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends, Members
- More info:
- Visit this website